Edisto Beach 2015

Edisto Beach 2015

Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

Memorial Day is great day to celebrate all the fellow soldiers that have served before me, that have served with me, and that will serve after me. Thank you so much for all that you do. Without our military, we would not have all the freedoms that we have today. So many special people in my life have served in our military during contingency operations:

Ben Skardon: WWII and the Korean War, US Army
Alvin Skardon: WWII, US Army
Steven Skardon: WWII, US Army
Hooper Skardon: WWII, US Army
Bubba Golden: WWII, USMC
John Skardon: Honor Guard, US Army
Ernest A. Gardner: Korean War, US Air Force
Curnis Enix: WWII, US Army
Craig Hardin: Desert Storm, US Air Force
James Enix: Vietnam War, US Navy
Alvin Hardin: War on Terrorism, USMC
Christina Scott: War on Terrorism, USMC
Travis Watson: War on Terrorism, USMC
My unit..HOOAH to the 94th Services Squadron, Dobbins AFB!

There are so many more that Al and I could add to the list. Here are a few pictures of myself, family, and friends.
There is truly no greater feeling or honor.
Paw-Paw Skardon, one of the many true American heroes!
Travis Watson, another true American Hero.
Travis's unit in the desert.
Lcpl. Christina Scott (my BFF) another true American hero.

Our new uniforms. This was taken at Mildenhall AFB, England.

Some of my friends that I have stayed in touch with through the years. My tech school graduation August 2006.

My unit at Dobbins. We were preparing to do the gas chamber. Very painful FYI.
Lcpl. Christina Scott, USMC MWSS 471 and SrA. Haley Hardin, USAF 94th SVS. Christina and I have been best friends since our freshman year at Brookwood and both enlisted in the military shortly after high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment