Edisto Beach 2015

Edisto Beach 2015

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

B

That's B for Influenza B. After playing such a hard game on Saturday, Carter woke up on Sunday with a very HIGH fever, watery eyes, nasal drainage, cough, vomiting, basically the whole nine yards. In all 26 years of my life and almost 5 years of being a mother, I have never encountered a fever like this one. Not even Tylenol and Advil taken together brought this fever down. I knew in my heart as a mother and also as a nurse that Carter had the flu. A trip to the pediatrician Monday confirmed my diagnosis of Influenza B.

He looks so pitiful. This was before our visit to the pediatrician.
The best part about getting your nose and throat swabbed, is going to Sonic to get a slushi. 103 fever and all smiles.
Kicking the flu's you know what one Tamiflu at a time. Influenza B who? Tamiflu is seriously a remarkable drug. Once we returned home, I gave him a dose of Tamiflu and he took a 4 hour nap and woke up a completely different kid.
After his second dose of Tamiflu! It is scary when all of us had our flu shot and Carter ended up with it. Layla was sick last week although her fever wasn't as high but they didn't test her for it although I think she may of had a touch of it. So as a preventative measure, Al and I are taking Tamiflu. I wouldn't want Al to become symptomatic for his trip this weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment