Edisto Beach 2015

Edisto Beach 2015

Friday, February 10, 2017

Dirty Thirty!

Turning thirty has definitely been bittersweet for this mama. While I know age is just a number, there have been some noticeable differences since turning twenty a decade ago such as:
  • I thought disrupted sleep was over once Layla started sleeping through the night as a baby. Boy was I wrong! My poor thirty year old bladder can only make it until about 3:30 a.m. before awakening me and screaming, "hey, don't you know we're thirty now!" 
  • Not that I was ever a big drinker, but you can forget surviving a hangover without feeling like you need oxygen, an IV pole, two Xanax, and a cold dish towel. 
  • Sporting my natural hair color again is now only a fantasy, I found a grey hair or three. Looks like the blonde will be there to stay. So don't worry, there will be no more guessing which hair color I will have when I show up at a family event.
  • I never cared for my legs much anyways, however, thirty has introduced me genetically to varicose veins. 
  • Metabolism, well that's just honestly another blog entry for itself. 
Despite the shortcomings of the 3-0, I am so blessed to of seen another decade! Here's to 10 more years of fabulous! 

My coworker and her master photography skills sure know how to make a girl feel twenty again!
My best friend, Tina, and Al threw me a small party at Provinos. Not a lot of pictures to show seeing how I am the photographer in my family, and I was the one being celebrated! 

1 comment: